Aggressive Criminal Defense Services
Criminal defense is one of the main areas of law in which we practice. As a criminal defense law firm representing clients in the El Paso, Texas, area, we’ve represented clients charged with misdemeanors and felonies in federal and state courts.
The main types of federal crimes that we handle are:
- Welfare fraud: This involves government document tampering and carries serious punishment.
- White collar crimes: This is a broad category that includes embezzlement, insider trading, money laundering, tax evasion, health care fraud, insurance fraud, mail fraud, mortgage loan fraud, securities fraud, stock fraud and wire fraud.
- Drug charges: In our area of the country, drug charges often include border bridge cases in which an individual might be charged with conspiring to bring in an illegal alien or smuggling cocaine, marijuana or other drugs across the border. In the case of illegal alien smuggling or drug violations, clients typically want to avoid jail time or automobile seizures. As an experienced El Paso criminal defense law firm, we work hard to help each client achieve his or her goals.
In misdemeanor cases, some clients want to get in and out of court quickly and are less concerned about fines and penalties. Others are desperate to maintain a clean record. You can trust that we will work tirelessly to achieve your goals. Some of the charges we handle include:
- DWI: A first or second drunk driving offense can be a misdemeanor. We vigorously defend against these charges, looking into field sobriety tests and blood and breath tests and checking the validity of DWI roadblocks.
- Leaving the scene of a crime
- Certain juvenile crimes
A conviction on a felony charge often means heavy fines and lengthy prison sentences. We work diligently to have charges reduced or even dropped, if possible. We handle a wide variety of serious charges such as:
- Drug possession or distribution
- Sexual assault
- Multiple DWI offenses: A third or fourth DWI offense, whether related to alcohol or drugs, usually leads to felony charges. This is especially true if combined with a probation violation or other offenses.
Contact Us Today
We are ready, willing and able to go to work for you today. If you have been arrested or are under investigation, call 915-779-3596, toll free or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Services are available in English and español and we serve clients throughout El Paso County.